"Each man has a song and this is my song." (Leonard Cohen)

Friday, November 28, 2014

Howdy


Howdy, e-pards.


Just to say sorry I haven't been online much in November (minor irritations of life such as work have got in the way of the serious and proper matter of Western blogging) but I am back now and aiming to post twice a week for the forseeable future.

So check back. Coming soon:

Dale Robertson as Jesse James, the life of Pat Garrett, the country singer version of Stagecoach, and more!

Meanwhile, happy trails.

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Leon Metz wrote a great biography of Pat Garrett, which goes beyond simply "the man who killed Billy the Kid". I remember a TV movie version of Stagecoach with I believe Willie Nelson as Doc Holliday in the Thomas Mitchell role. Wasn't too impressed.

    Richard B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Richard
      You are right on both counts. I have just read the Leon Metz and will be writing about Pat Garrett based on that, and Willie Nelson as Doc Holliday was not entirely, er, convincing...
      Best wishes,
      Jeff

      Delete